Love to Angus, Mila, Oscar, Mollie, Ollie, Pauline, Sam, Sasha, Gustaf, Tony, and the family.
- Awesome Luck (15)
- Awkward Situations (32)
- Beauty (13)
- Belgium (7)
- Budget Travel (21)
- Camping (13)
- China (1)
- Couchsurfing (13)
- Eastern Europe (10)
- Feminism (16)
- France (13)
- Greece (7)
- Hitchhiking (28)
- Illness (13)
- India (18)
- Ireland (41)
- LGBT (14)
- Money (6)
- Morocco (3)
- Nepal (3)
- Parties (24)
- Planning (9)
- Portugal (5)
- Random Musings (18)
- Safety (19)
- San Francisco (10)
- Scandinavia (5)
- Self-Improvement (30)
- Sexual Harassment (13)
- Shifties (1)
- Spain (9)
- Struggles (42)
- The Netherlands (3)
- Turkey (3)
- Uncategorized (11)
- United States (16)
- Workaway/Wwoof (28)
- Online Dating & The Union Of Two People In An Impromptu Road Trip
- Hitchhiking San Francisco to Seattle: Money, Guns, Drugs, and The Promise You Never Thought To Keep
- Free Radical
- Telling Is Not The Same As Showing
- When People Chase You Down The Street…
- Technology Travel & Conversational Adventure
- 24 Hours In Chinese Airports
- On Knowing When To Quit: Feelings Are Expensive
- Can You Kathmandu?
- Trekking In Nepal: Stool-Softening, Nausea-Inducing Wonderfulness
- WHAT TO PACK FOR INDIA (AND OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION)
- A Crazy Guy, Groped On A Subway, Stalkers, & Occupy Rickshaw
- STEALING SLEEPERS: LOW-BUDGET TRANSIT, PERSERVERANCE, AND A PINCH OF LUCK
- Dead Bodies Everywhere
- Remembering The Cold
In This Blog…
You might be mistaken for a prostitute,
Or nearly by swept into the sea on a jog.
Perhaps you'll be molested on a ferry boat,
Or by a farmer.
You might find yourself tripping balls,
Fighting strange men,
Or enforcing the law.
Sometimes you'll have incredible fortune,
And experience the goodness of others.
You'll probably be wined and dined,
And offered the opportunities of a lifetime.
But you'll never know, until you hit the road.
Search For Content
Top Posts & Pages
"straight forward with her opinions and is absolutely down to earth. She shares so much of herself and her experience… "
"was quite out of the box experience for me. a different way of life, out of the back pack"
"…fascinated how i have a feeling like i've known her for months, even though we met twice…"
"I found her to be a very engaging interlocutor and you are bound to have fun in her company.All in all, a smart, generous and easygoing person with a very special and positive set of values
"…open minded, open hearted and friendly from the word go, we found it very easy to chat and have a laugh…"
"If there’s anything more valuable in life than finding someone with whom you can discuss morality one minute, spill your heart out the next, then bring your day to a close doubling over in laughter after exchanging hilariously embarrassing stories.. well, I want to know what that is. If you’re a bit of a bullshitter at heart or if you dislike sincerity when truth is uncomfortable, you may want to think twice. Otherwise, do yourself a favour and get to know someone exceptional in every possible sense of the word."
"...She is an observer of human soul and behaviour,traveling around for years…"
"What struck me at this girl is her desire to experience and listen"
"…Her way of life really impressed me; it’s a real challenge to today’s highly capitalistic world…."
"she ıs good talker and nıce lıstener…"
"What a charakter, what a force of nature! Maria is a restless traveller, rich in stories and inspiration. She is sharing all she carries inside with her couchsurfers and the couchsurfers friends. Once we started talking, we just couldn’t stop. Maria covers the whole range of emotions, as she can be very funny and also knows well about the sad places in peoples minds. After we parted, I needed a long time to recover from this intense encounter – in a positive way, of course! Don’t forget to rest sometimes, Maira, to let all your millions impressions settle down. I wish you all the best for your pilgrimage to yourself…
"lovely and interesting girl with her amusing tests for life…"
"Meeting and getting to know Maria was really a unique good experience, she made me think in a different way about life"
"…I got to hand it to this inspiring girl…"
"You are pretty loveable yourself – never forget that. Life is a journey, one step at a time."
1) If you are wondering how to travel on a shoe-string.
2) If you are curious about where to travel.
3) If you want to hear about random acts of human kindness.
4) If you want to live vicariously through others.
5) If you want to know how to be a nomad.
6) If you are a friend, family member, or stalker of Maria Stevens.